AGENDA (Panel topics and participants are subject to change)
Friday, January 22, 2021 9:00 am – 11:00 pm Eastern Time
State of Michigan Perspective 9:00 – 9:30 am
How do we develop and implement a roadmap to move the State of Michigan toward Carbon Neutrality? This panel will discuss the challenges involved in moving the state forward, and examine the legislative, regulatory and administrative input that will be required.
Brandy Brown Dan Scripps
- Brandy Brown, Climate and Energy Advisor, Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy (EGLE)
- Dan Scripps, Chairman, Michigan Public Service Commission
National and Regional Perspective 9:30 – 10:00 am
Join us as we examine current efforts to reduce carbon emissions nationally and regionally. This panel also will examine roadblocks to achieving carbon goals and effective ways that states have begun the process to de-carbonize. Additionally, we will look at what he future holds for carbon reduction in the Midwest and nationally, and provide a glimpse into the roadmap for success.
Charles Marshall Jamie Scripps
- Charles Marshall, Vice President of Planning, ITC Holdings
- Jamie Scripps, Senior Associate, Midwest Climate Policy, U.S. Climate Alliance
Michigan Utility Perspective 10:00 – 11:00 am
Rounding out the discussion, our state’s utilities will share what have already accomplished to reduce carbon emissions, and where they stand on meeting the 2050 goal. Our panelists will discuss potential challenges or impediments, and important factors to consider as the state works toward meeting the carbon neutrality goal.
Eric Baker Brandon Hofmeister Dave Koster Shawn Patterson
- Eric Baker, President/CEO, Wolverine Power Cooperative
- Brandon Hofmeister, Senior VP, Government, Regulatory and Public Affairs, Consumers Energy
- Dave Koster, General Manager, Holland Board of Public Works
- Shawn Patterson, VP, Environmental Management and Safety, DTE Energy