COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The safety of those attending the Michigan Energy Providers Conference is our top priority. We are partnering with the resort and are applying lessons-learned from other conferences to ensure we follow all the best practices for safely hosting in-person meetings. We are relying on everyone to do their part to keep themselves and everyone else safe during the conference.
All participants must agree to abide by these standards before they will be permitted to attend the conference.
What Attendees Must Do
All participants must agree to the Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver before registering for the conference. The agreement acknowledges the risks of an in-person meeting and that all attendees must adhere to: Shanty Creek Resort, state, and local guidance before and during the conference.
Individuals should read the complete Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver upon registering for the conference. Your registration implies your consent to adhere to these standards.
After your registration is received, you will receive a link to sign the Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver electronically. All attendees must complete the electronic Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver before they will be permitted to attend the conference.
What We Are Doing
The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team will take the following steps to ensure the health and safety of all meeting participants:
- All participants (including attendees, speakers, sponsors, guests and staff) will be required to sign the “Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver” before the meeting.
All participants will be required to adhere to Shanty Creek Resort, state, and local health guidelines.
The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team is examining every aspect of the in-person meeting experience to ensure we are taking all appropriate precautions to protect the safety of participants, including:
- Making changes at our registration desk to alleviate congestion and reduce contact points.
- Modifying room seating and event layouts to allow for social distancing.
- Redesigning networking opportunities to accommodate social distancing while still facilitating meaningful conversations and exchanges.
- The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team may employ assigned seating, queued entrances, or timed entrance and exits of meeting rooms to manage crowd control and accommodate room capacity limits, according to state or local mandates.
Cleaning and Hygiene
The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team is working with Shanty Creek Resort to ensure the cleanliness of the meeting facilities.
- The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team will develop and institute a cleaning and sanitizing schedule with Shanty Creek Resort that meets the specific needs of the conference and our attendees.
- The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team is working with Shanty Creek Resort to ensure all hotel culinary and banquet team members adhere to strict guidelines for the preparation, handling and serving of food & beverages.
- You can read more about Shanty Creek Resort’s Health and Safety Policies here: https://www.shantycreek.com/stay-safe/
- Note: Shanty Creek Resort is in the process of updating its safety policies and the site wil be updated, so be sure to check back for the latest information before you go.