COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The safety of those attending the Michigan Energy Providers Conference is our top priority. We are partnering with the hotel, have talked to local health officials, and are applying lessons-learned from other associations to ensure we follow all the best practices for safely hosting in-person meetings in the current environment. We are relying on everyone to do their part to keep themselves and everyone else safe during the conference.
Below are some of the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of all meeting participants, and our expectations for all conference participants. All participants must agree to abide by these standards before they will be permitted to attend the conference.
What Attendees Must Do
All participants must agree to the Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver before registering for the conference. The agreement includes:
- Adhering to WHO, CDC, and state and local guidance before and during the conference.
- Wearing a mask in accordance with all applicable state and local health guidelines.
- Engaging in appropriate physical distancing and hygiene practices.
- Making appropriate use of safety resources provided onsite.
- Not attending the conference if you are ill, actively experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of the conference dates.
- Notifying a member of Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, in accordance with current contact tracing advice from federal and state health authorities.
Individuals should read the complete Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver upon registering for the conference. Your registration implies your consent to adhere to these standards.
After your registration is received, you will receive a link to sign the Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver electronically. All attendees must complete the electronic Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver before they will be permitted to attend the conference.
What We Are Doing
The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team will take the following steps to ensure the health and safety of all meeting participants:
- All participants (including attendees, speakers, sponsors, guests and staff) will be required to sign the “Duty of Care Agreement and Waiver” before the meeting.
- All participants will be required to wear a mask in accordance with all applicable state and local health guidelines.
The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team is examining every aspect of the in-person meeting experience to ensure we are taking all appropriate precautions to protect the safety of participants, including:
- Making changes at our registration desk to alleviate congestion and reduce contact points.
- Modifying room seating and event layouts to allow for social distancing.
- Redesigning networking opportunities to accommodate social distancing while still facilitating meaningful conversations and exchanges.
- The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team may employ assigned seating, queued entrances, or timed entrance and exits of meeting rooms to manage crowd control and accommodate room capacity limits, according to state or local mandates.
Cleaning and Hygiene
The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team is working with the Grand Hotel to ensure the cleanliness of the meeting facilities.
- The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team will develop and institute a cleaning and sanitizing schedule with The Grand Hotel that meets the specific needs of the conference and our attendees.
- High-touch surfaces within the meeting space will be cleaned multiple times a day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the meeting space.
- Additional hygienic supplies, including disinfectant wipes, gloves, and disposable masks, will be made available to attendees.
- The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team is working with The Grand Hotel to ensure all hotel culinary and banquet team members adhere to strict guidelines for the preparation, handling and serving of food & beverages.
- The Michigan Energy Providers Conference Team will keep attendees updated on the Grand Hotel’s Commitment to Cleanliness and COVID related practices and protocols.